[CentOS] Inquiry:Problem with nmap

Bastian Ballmann bb at patronas.de
Tue Sep 29 11:26:33 UTC 2009

hadi motamedi schrieb:
> Thank you for your reply . But still it cannot get through :
> "
> #nmap -sS -p 20-80 172.18.0.1
> Starting nmap V. 3.00 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/
> <http://www.insecure.org/nmap/> )
> Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping
> probes, try -P0

I dont know your network structure, but in your last email it sounds if
you could ping the host and now it looks like you're dropping everything?

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT

This will allow all input to your host.

HTH & Greets

Basti

--
Bastian Ballmann

PATRONAS Financial Systems GmbH
Schnewlinstr 4
79098 Freiburg

fon +49 (0)761 400688-19
fax +49 (0)761 400688-50

ballmann at patronas.de
http://www.patronas.de

Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 7212
Geschäftsführung: Heribert Steuer, Carsten Osswald