[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Sep 29 17:38:08 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> you might want to look into exactly what is ubuntu-support and how that
> compares with what you get with CentOS. Its not nearly the same thing.
> To an extent that LTS is mostly considered a nonstarter in most > very
> small business. Specially where the client is in a position to evaluate
> their options and work out the implications of what they are getting. It
> always surprises me how many are not.

I agree with your assessment that Red Hat & Co are still The
Distribution for enterprise stuff.

They should keep an eye on Ubuntu though, it's gaining ground real fast
and it's using the best strategy (that worked before for the likes of
Intel, Microsoft and, yes, Linux in general): they're co-opting the
low-end first. Things are going to get pretty interesting a few years
down the road.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/