[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 19:48:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been generally unhappy with my CentOS desktop both at home and at
> work, when it comes to thinks like sound and video.
>
> I'd recommend going with Fedora Core, to be honest.   Much as I love
> CentOS on my servers.

I like stability over "cutting edge," so CentOS (with multimedia from
RPMForge) is working fine for me on my desktop and laptop computers. I
don't hate Fedora, but I don't like the constant updates. But, if I
didn't have the CentOS option, I'm pretty sure Fedora would be my next
choice.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3