[CentOS] IMAP servers and Sent/Junk folders

Tue Sep 1 03:31:01 UTC 2009
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

> The access speed seems to depend more on the IMAP client than on
> the server.  The current version of squirrelmail surprised me
> with its speed while horde/imp is pretty sluggish.  Apple's
> Mail.app is quite a bit slower than Thunderbird on the same
> folders.

Not that I am advocating using Outlook Express but it is the fastest
imap client available.

>>> FWIW, we use courier-imap, not dovecot, and I know nothing about
>>> dovcot beyond that it's imap and how to spell it.
>>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/Maildir
>>

> I'll take a look at these, but will probably stay with what's
> working for us -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You do keep up with courier toolchains though? Like when they put
authdaemon into its own courier-auth package or something and so on?

I have moved on from maildrop, courier-auth and courier-imap to dovecot
which comes with everything I need to interface with postfix and without
having to go through multiple frameworks like cyrus-sasl and authdaemon.
Oh, and dovecot handled Lookout Express better than courier-imap did
(this was 3 years ago)