[CentOS] quota command broken

Tue Sep 1 13:55:44 UTC 2009
lhecking at users.sourceforge.net <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

 We noticed a big change in the workings of the quota command when moving
 from RHEL3 to CentOS5.

 Under RHEL3 (quota-3.10-7), quota -v essentially lists the fs quotas for
 all users logged into the local machine. Under CentOS5 (quota-3.13-1.2.5.el5),
 only one user quota is displayed, and while the actual data seems to be
 correct, the attribution is usually wrong. E.g.

$ whoami
user1
$ quota -v
Disk quotas for user user1 (uid 12345):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
nfs:/vol/vol2/user2
                2596260  4194304 4194304          406132  614400  614400
$

 This is for NFS quotas. We don't use local Linux quotas, and I haven't tested
 them.

 I don't know how this stuff works under the hood; is it possible that
 underlying kernel structures have changed, or some kernel config was
 dropped? I compiled the latest quota tools on both RHEL3 and CentOS5
 and found the same behaviour, so the quota tools themselves are most
 likely not at fault.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.