[CentOS] For you old-timers, an RS232 question about data rate confirmation.

Tue Sep 1 19:38:23 UTC 2009
Barry L. Kline <blkline at attglobal.net>

Hello all.

This is a question that I should be able to answer, but the old grey
cells aren't working. My Google-Fu must not be up to snuff, either.

I have a MOXA IP-RS232 converter that I'm going to be using over an RF
WAN and I need to confirm the actual data rate that I'll be able to
achieve.  I have the drivers loaded (/dev/ttyr00) and a loopback plug on
the end of the device.  I am able to confirm that it works fine with
minicom, but I'd like to be able to have a program read/write the device
with a largish file and give me a throughput rating.

Short of writing my own program, can anyone point me to a good tool for
that purpose.   yum search RS232 and yum search serial haven't provided
what I'm looking for and I can't imagine that this isn't already done.

Thanks!

Barry