[CentOS] LF examples - using site-specific RPMs for config

Mon Sep 14 16:35:27 UTC 2009
Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>

Hey folks,

A week or two ago someone mentioned something about using their own
home-grown RPMs for managing config info on their boxes.

I really like this idea and would like to learn more about it.  Are
there some examples out there?

I have lots of custom config info and think this would be an ideal way
to manage it.   Others mentioned puppet and CF engine which probably
have their merits as well.  But I don't really have time at the moment
to learn those.   Perhaps in this thread we could even discuss the +/-
of each method.

cheers,
-Alan