[CentOS] Using yum with CentOS-2 mirrors

Thu Sep 24 06:41:57 UTC 2009
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

Hi all,

I was having yum errors while updating our CentOS-2 box. Further
reading lead me to a readme file on the mirrors
(http://mirror.centos.org/centos-2/readme.txt) and it gave me the new
URL to use for CentOS-2 mirrors. I have edited /etc/yum.conf with the
new URLs but I'm still having issues with yum giving me "ValueError:
unpack list of wrong size" errors.

Has anyone been able to update their yum configuration to be still
able to use yum? How were you able to configure it?

I understand that CentOS-2 has now reached its EOL but we have a
legacy application that won't run on newer distros.

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.