[CentOS] yum priorities and rpmforge...

Tue Sep 1 14:09:06 UTC 2009
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 09:07, John Doe<jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using the yum priorities plugin and, for some reason, it is blocking all rpmforge
> updates, even for already installed rpmforge packages...

If you mean "blocking updates for already installed rpmforge packages
that also exist in the main distro which is configured with a higher
priority (lower number)", then yes, that is the expected from the
priorities plugin.

If you want to override packages that exist in the main distro and use
the ones from a lower priority (higher number) repository instead, you
should add "exclude=..." lines in the definitions of the base repos to
be able to pick those from the other repo instead.

HTH,
Filipe