[CentOS] sendmail routing

Wed Sep 2 05:34:30 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:

> You are correct. I was referring to routing email _from_ one of our
> domain names through a separate mail server then out to the 'net.
> Upon rereading the mailertable doc it appears that this is for routing
> email _to_ on of our domain names so it will not work for what I was
> looking for.
>
> The reason I was trying to do this is that we have our production
> sever sending out automated emails from one location and our sales
> and support staff sending out emails from another location both using
> one domain name. I was trying to consolidate all email for this
> domain name to/from one mail server.
>
> It is not critical but it would have been nice to do. I am not going
> to waste too much more effort on this as I have more critical things
> that need my time.

You can use SMART_HOST to send the mail from any single host through a specified
relay.  If the same machine is sending for more than one domain, you may be able
to configure the application sending the automated emails to send to a specified
SMTP server.  Users can almost certainly configure their mail agent to sent
through the SMTP server of their choice.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com