[CentOS] Cacti Installation on CentOS 5

Wed Sep 2 12:36:07 UTC 2009
Gabriel - IP Guys <Gabriel at impactteachers.com>

Thank you for your response - I went through those instructions, and
again, I got the same error as below.

FATAL: Cannot connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'. Please make sure
you have specified a valid MySQL database name in 'include/config.php'

The database configuration in config.php is correct, and is readable,
because if I change the hostname, the error message changes accordingly.
I can connect to the MySQL database just fine with the configuration
information that is in config.php. Any ideas would be appreciated - If
this become too off topic, someone feel free to say so.