[CentOS] Kickstart help

Fri Sep 4 00:37:05 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Daniel Burkland wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have sort of an odd request for you today in regards to Kickstart
> configuration. I have recently created a kickstart configuration file to
> better standardize the configuration aspect of my server installations.

hmm, take a look at my config, I use wget to output files
directly to /usr/local/bin without an issue, I'd avoid
trying to cat files the way your doing since as you
see the variables can be auto expanded(perhaps not if
you escape them?)

Anyways try wget again, if all else fails make an rpm and
install that. One thing I do like about rpm is being able
to install direct from a web server(I do this many times
in my kickstart configs). I  go the lazy route when
building rpms and just build a tarball then use alien
to convert it to an RPM, for the most part it works fine

http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/centos_5_2_32.cfg

nate