[CentOS] using CentOS as an iSCSI server?

Mon Sep 7 15:04:22 UTC 2009
Chan Chung Hang Christopher <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Has anyone succesfully setup, and used CentOS as an iSCSI server? I'm
> trying to setup a server with 4x500GB HDD's, setup in RAID 10 to act
> as an iSCSI server for a virtualization project, but I can't find a
> decent howto on how to setup an iSCSI server using CentOS.
>
> I would like to setup something like Openfiler, but we also need todo
> some other stuff that OpenFiler doesn't support, so I would prefer to
> export some of the HDD space (about 500GB) as iSCSI LUN's

Can I suggest ZFS on Solaris/OpenSolaris? Real breeze to setup.

As for Linux, it has been a while but are there still two iscsi-target
implementations? Has any one of them got into the mainline (Linux - not
Redhat - although if Redhat will support one implementation I guess it
does not really matter whether the mainline has it or not) kernel?