[CentOS] using CentOS as an iSCSI server?

Tue Sep 8 00:48:42 UTC 2009
Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>

On Sep 7, 2009, at 8:12 PM, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
 > wrote:

> Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>>> Did you install your iet from rpms or something then?
>>>

>> No, but it looks like Ross Walker has created an updated spec
>> in the source. It's the *only* thing I don't use am rpm for as
>> there isn't anyone with an updated repo, I think atrpms is behind
>> but I haven't checked recently.
>>

> It appears that the Technology Preview has now moved to become a
> Product
> Enhancement from the link Ralph posted:
>
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2009-0099.html
>
> Maybe that takes away some of the manual stuff. Joseph vouches for
> IET's
> stability. Has anybody given tgt a run and can comment on tgt's
> performance and stability?

TGT is stable, performance is slightly less then IET due to running in
user space (no zero copy), configuration is slightly more complex due
to being a general SCSI target rather than a dedicated iSCSI target.

Depends on ones needs and preferences.

-Ross