[CentOS] winbond w83793G driver

Tue Sep 8 09:24:21 UTC 2009
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>> Even better, I've backported the module for you from the latest
>> upstream kernel (2.6.30.5) as a kABI tracking kmod package and put it
>> in the elrepo-testing repository here (kmod-w83793):
>>
>> http://elrepo.org
>> http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/
>>
>> As you have the hardware, I'd appreciate if you would test the driver
>> and report back how it works, either here or on the elrepo mailing
>> lists or bug tracker.
> It seems that everything is ok :)
> Thanks a lot!
> Adrian

Brilliant!

Thanks for reporting back. If you have no issues with it, I'll move it
from testing to the main repository in a few days and will maintain it
from there, so if you have elrepo installed, a 'yum update' will find
future package updates for you.

BTW, because it's a kABI-tracking kmod package, it will work seamlessly
across kernel updates :-)