[CentOS] 3Ware 9650SE and XFS problems under Centos 5.3

Tue Sep 8 10:00:33 UTC 2009
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

. . wrote:

> Can anyone shed any light as to what the issue might be? Is it XFS or
> is it the card? I went with XFS as all the research I did indicated
> that it gave the best performance for the millions of small files in
> the backups we run and doesn't have any many issues with hardlinks as
> EXT3.

My guess is that a hardware problem (no idea what) back in August caused
some corruption in the file system.

Did you run xfs_repair after the problem in August?

Have you run xfs_repair after the most recent XFS shutdown?

James Pearson