[CentOS] yum issue with extras repo?

Fri Sep 11 17:47:31 UTC 2009
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> As you can see below I am having a problem checking for updates. This
> happens repeatedly. I have to kill the process then rerun. I have
> tried "yum clean all" but no joy - the process hangs again on "extras"
> - see second listing below. Suggestions?

While we dish out a helping of logic, snark, and verbal abuse
elsewhere in this thread, would you mind running 'yum -d6
check-update' after a 'yum clean all' again please. The -d6 cranks up
the output that yum produces and will give us a better picture of
what's going on and why yum is hanging for you.

George Orwell