[CentOS] Web server in a sandbox?

Fri Sep 11 18:09:04 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Friday 11 September 2009 17:40:39 Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:39, Filipe Brandenburger
>
> <filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You might want to consider running Apache on a custom port instead of
> > the default 80.

I think that would be sensible

> Or, if you're using it on the same machine only, configure it to bind
> to 127.0.0.1 only (maybe that's what you're looking for?).

Probably not.  I prefer to actually work on that box only when necessary.
Simple maintenance like updates are done over ssh+keys from this laptop.  I'd
probably want a similar setup.

I have a firewall on the router, and open imap ports when away from home for
any extended period, but that's all.  I have a firewall on the server,
completely open to the LAN, but only accepting imap from outside it.

Anne