[CentOS] question on wget

Fri Sep 11 19:02:42 UTC 2009
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Dave <dave.mehler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>        I've got an ftp site, not mine, that has content on it that i want
> to download. It's not anonymous so it requires a log in. The problem is
> either the ISP has a bandwidth throttle or the admin does, in either case
> inconsistently as to the point in the file, but i rarely get a complete
> download. I'm using ncftp. I was wondering if either ncftpget or wget could
> do like an auto get and keep getting more and more until it has the complete
> file?

I have used a cron-ned  lftp mirror script to mirror a directory on a
ftp server with username/password combo and is managed by windoZ
admins -- means requires only cheking available free space in the
destination "folder" which is shared with samba.

Long things short: lftp works so well on a desktop machine that last
time the admins did not know where the hell the machine was when power
went off and they had to switch on the machine ;-)

Regards

Rajagopal