[CentOS] problem with a repo

Sat Sep 12 16:58:16 UTC 2009
Mr. X <tlviewer at yahoo.com>

--- On Fri, 9/11/09, Dave <dave.mehler at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Dave <dave.mehler at gmail.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] problem with a repo
> Date: Friday, September 11, 2009, 8:55 PM
> Hello,
>     I've got rpmforge and epel on centos
> 5.3. I'm trying to do an
> install of perl-Image-Info for spamassassin image scanning.
> The package was
> picked up in rpmforge since first, but it is failing to
> install because a
> dependency is missing.

if the missing depends is ExtUtils::MakeMaker or perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker, then you have a problem. This perl module is provided by perl.rpm in C5.x and the RPM DB will generate errors if you try and update the module.

So take your medicine and don't force the install. One workaround is to install perl from source and run it somewhere other /usr/bin/.

--
Mark