[CentOS] Segmentation fault

Fri Sep 18 15:19:40 UTC 2009
Todd Denniston <Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil>

fous velkej wrote, On 09/18/2009 09:44 AM:
> hi
>
> i've recently installed centos 5.3 on the machine.
> the installation went fine, but after that (on the first boot) it says
> a lot of segmentation fault errors
>
> fe.
> # yum
> Segmentation fault
>
> i've tried centos 5.2 and 5.0 also, but none of them works.
> but the centos 4.x works fine.
>
> could anyone tell me where the problem is?
> thanx a lot
> fous

Warning: WAG questions follow:

was each of the 5.X tests done from install or upgrades from previous installs?
[I have seen a library get munged on first install, and a reinstall would fix it, but if the upgrade
used the same version of the lib, it would not fix it.]

Just another guess, what processor do you have?

How close to being full is the disk after the 5.X install?

--
Todd Denniston