[CentOS] program to hide X11 windows

Fri Sep 18 15:27:58 UTC 2009
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

> >/ >
> />/ > Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but when you edit a
> />/ > presentation with Impress, press F5 to show only the presentation.
> />/ >
> />/ > Cheers,
> />/ >
> />/ > Niki Kovacs
> />/ >
> />/ Niki,
> />/
> />/ no-one is there to press F5. Its a controlled display.
> />/ Thanks for the suggestion though.
> />/
> /
> "openoffice.org -h"  tells you some options to run OpenOffice. Perhaps you
> can add "-show" to get OO to automatically display the presentation.

in fact I am doing the -show option and what happens is before the
"show" begins
all the power point creations editor shows on screen then the show
begins. I dont want
to show all the editor screen stuff. I want to "hide" that window.

Again this works using devilspie but gnome-panel must be running.
I dont want to run gnome-panel on "some" of my installs and am looking
for a similiar
way in X11 to hide a window based on the title name.

Thanks,

Jerry