[CentOS] Apache configuration: minor problem with special characters

Sat Sep 19 08:23:50 UTC 2009
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Niki Kovacs a écrit :

> The configuration works OK (after having created a valid user), but
> unfortunately, the message in the infobox that pops up on the site
> displays the french characters é and à incorrectly.
>
> Any idea how I could get this right? I'm more or less starting out from
> Apache's default httpd.conf.

I found the following workaround. Once my .htaccess file is edited,
convert it from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 with recode:

# recode utf8..latin1 .htaccess

Now the french message displays correctly.

Any other maybe more orthodox suggestions?

Niki