[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

Sat Sep 26 16:31:48 UTC 2009
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Matt a écrit :
> I have always used Ubuntu for desktop linux and CentOS for servers.
> Have never tried CentOS as a desktop.  Perhaps I should?

One look is worth a thousand words, as they say :

http://www.microlinux.fr/captures.html

My Linux desktop, based on CentOS 5.3, tweaked to death with all the
extra stuff like working Flash, working Java plugin, working codecs,
extra packages from RPMForge as well as my own repository. Will play
every audio and video format under the sun, and it's just about to make
coffee also :o)

This is the exact same desktop I usually install for my clients. Comes
on two homegrown custom CDs with install scripts, so installing it on a
fairy recent desktop takes no more than half an hour.

Does everything that the average Ubuntu/Mint desktop is supposed to do,
that is, minus the bugs and the worries.

Policy: I install it, the user uses it. Period.

Works like a charm.

Cheers,

Niki