[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

Sun Sep 27 13:57:03 UTC 2009
Drew <drew.kay at gmail.com>

> So I don't see consensus here. What if my served data ist "variable
> data"? An no distinction between man made or machine made is given here.
> Also this might not be flexible enough for some scenarios.

Is the data being stored customer facing or internal to the machine?

That's the rule of thumb I see applied to what goes in /srv. In a LAMP
box for example I'd expect to see the website(and site logs), database
files, and POP3/IMAP spools stored in srv directories. Machine
specific data like system logs and email processing spools get stored
in /var.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie