[CentOS] Using yum with CentOS-2 mirrors

Mon Sep 28 03:14:48 UTC 2009
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> on 9-23-2009 11:41 PM Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) spake the following:
>>
>> I understand that CentOS-2 has now reached its EOL but we have a
>> legacy application that won't run on newer distros.
>>
> EOL means there will be no updates. So yum is not going to help you get
> updates that don't exist. Are you sure that the app won't run on newer
> distros, or you just might need a legacy library that isn't installed by
> default on a newer distro?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the response.

The primary reason for our need to have the CentOS-2 mirrors is for
automated installation of packages if needed rather than getting the
latest package updates.

Also, as we have already put the system into production, it would be
best for us to make do with what's in there already.

Regards,
Matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.