[CentOS] Antispam with Postfix

Tue Sep 29 15:41:50 UTC 2009
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>> Personally I'd just drop the secondary mx completely and let the sending
>> smtp server queue the mail whenever you're offline. Makes life a lot
>> simpler.
>>

>I agree.  That's why I started with "IF you have a secondary..."  :)

trust me, I also agree 100%, but users on sourceforge and other mailing lists
suffer if a mx is down for maintenance. If several messages are being delivered
as in the case of busy lists like Fedora/asterisk/freeswitch, the bounce level
goes through the roof too quickly. In *all* other cases, the RFC correct functioning
servers don't even hiccup.

How do I keep users on sf lists from getting put on hold?

Thanks!
jlc