[CentOS] downgrade

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Apr 2 18:42:18 UTC 2010

> On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 14:25 -0400, William Warren wrote:
>> On 4/2/2010 2:22 PM, mattias wrote:
>> > i no i can upgrade centos the new version
>> > but can i downgrade?

>> Backup and reload..

> so i can't use yum for downgrade
> like upgrade

Oh, sorry, I thought you said you couldn't upgrade. Have you considered
man yum?
      downgrade
           Will  try  and  downgrade a package from the version
           currently installed to the previously highest version
           (or the specified version).   The  depsolver  will  not
           necessarily  work, but if you specify all the packages it should
           work (and thus. all the simple cases will work). Also this
           does  not  work for  "installonly"  packages,  like  Kernels.
           downgrade operates on groups, files, provides and filelists
           just like the "install" command.

       mark "and no, this isn't twitter, and no, know is not
               spelled no"