[CentOS] ssh-agent

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Apr 6 13:57:00 UTC 2010

Yesterday or Friday, don't remember, I happened to be looking at my
processes on my machine, and discovered I had a number of ssh-agents
running (all mine), from different days. I killed all but the current
day's.

Now, I log out every single night.

I checked the next day, and sure enough, the one I started the previous
day was still running, and I could not only use ssh-add, and it worked. I
didn't think of it this morning until just now, but tomorrow I'll log back
in, and see if I even need to use ssh-add.

If this is the case, I am not happy. This is, to me, a security hole, and
*not* what I expected, nor what the man page seems to lead me to believe.

Bug?

        mark