[CentOS] CentOS 5.x and Fedora

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Thu Apr 15 04:31:52 UTC 2010

A few months ago I had two machines that I changed to CentOS, note I
did not say upgrade ;-) one was a FC6 and the other one FC7.

I put the CentOS 5.4 DVD in, booted, selected install over other OS.
It went OK after I solved a few issues with SOME packages (package-cleanup)

Both actually are a DOWNGRADE as on BOTH machines I have still some
FC packages hanging around as rpm thinks they have a HIGHER number
and hence keeps them.

I wouldn't do it, if I be in your shoes as you end up with all
the other lib stuff on the system.

GO and see whether you can get the "real stuff".

jobst