[CentOS] Apparent BIND problem doing RBL lookups for Postfix

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Apr 15 20:07:40 UTC 2010

listserv.traffic at sloop.net wrote:
>> What happens if you change your resolv.conf to google's dns ?
>>
> I haven't tried this, but from reports, spamhaus.org blocks google's dns. [The
> traffic limits are too high. If they didn't, no one would buy a
> commercial zone transfer license...]
>
> So, while it's not likely to fix this problem, even if it were, it
> seems like your "solution" to the broken DNS server is to use
> someone else's DNS server.
>
> So, yeah, I could drive the neighbor's car when mine doesn't work.
> But that doesn't fix my car.
>
> I'm interested in fixing mine, or at least understanding how and why it's broken.
>
> Thanks for your time and thoughts though.

I think the point was to test using a different DNS in order to verify
that the problem is with your DNS server before you spend a lot of time
on it.

Unfortunately, this is not going to work in your case for the stated
reasons.

--
Bowie