[CentOS] scripting CPAN installs

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:23:32 UTC 2010

Hey folks,

Maybe there is a Perl/CPAN list that is a better place to ask this?
If so, maybe someone can point me to it.

Anyway, I want to be able to script the installation of a bunch of
CPAN modules, and the first basic problem I am coming up against is
that the "cpan" command seems to always return 0 regardless of whether
or not the install completed.

Google does not bring up a whole lot of help for me here, but I have
to think this problem has already been solved.

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

-Alan