[CentOS] scripting CPAN installs

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:31:08 UTC 2010

> While I can't answer that, I might try to actually call a Perl check after
> which although slightly extra work would yield the answer.

Hmmm, good point - I could do that.  I've come across several methods
of checking module versions and none of them seemed "perfect" to me.
Can you recommend a method?

> You installing these locally in a non root users home? :)
>
> If not, I can tell you that will wreak havoc if a Perl related updated
> comes down the pipe via yum...

We don't do auto-updates on production boxes so this is not a concern.
 And yeah, my other alternative would be to do it all via yum instead
of CPAN, but that would be a massive change to the system I've
inherited.