[CentOS] scripting CPAN installs

Tomas Ruprich ruprich at uikt.mendelu.cz
Fri Apr 16 13:26:16 UTC 2010

Hi,
i don't know exactly if this would be usable for yourself, but very nice
feature for our purposes is autobundling, see for example:
http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.9402/lib/CPAN.pm#POPULATE_AN_INSTALLATION_WITH_LOTS_OF_MODULES
or
http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/cgi-perl/automate-perl-module-deployment-050426/page4.html

As for RPMs, it could be sometimes problem with versions. RPMs aren't
often the most recent versions of modules and resolving RPM dependencies
could sometimes overwrite the most uptodate versions (which you need) by
slightly older which may not be applicable. But this really depends...

Tomas