[CentOS] Problem with first login

sync

jiannma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:12:28 UTC 2010

Hi , guys:

    I have a problem  on the openldap Manager account login :

   The server is running CentOS 5.3 i386  and I have
phpldapadmin-1.0.1-1.el5.noarch.rpm
installed .
     It's running apache 2.2.3  with php 5.1.6 and openldap 2.3.34.

    I believe I have slapd setup correctly but I'm not completely sure.

    My /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file has...

      access to *
        by self write
        by * read
        by anonymous auth

     database        bdb
     suffix          "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
    rootdn         "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
    rootpw         {SSHA}xxxxx

    My /etc/ldap.conf has the following lines (among others)...
     host 127.0.0.1
     base dc=my-domain,dc=com

   If I do the following command...

    ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com" -W

   from the command line it asks for a password.

   If  I type the password I created with slapppassd and have as rootpw in
slapd.conf it carries on and returns the following (with comments
removed)...

   search: 2
   result: 32 No such object

   So it appears that from the command line authentication with ldap is
working.

   In my phpldapadmin config.php file i've modified the following lines...
  $ldapservers->SetValue($i,'server','host','127.0.0.1');
   $ldapservers->SetValue($i,'server','port','389');
  $ldapservers->SetValue($i,'server','auth_type','session');

   When I go to phpldapadmin and do "Anonymous Bind" it connects and allows
me to view the ldap tree.

   If I try and login with user "Manager" and the password I use on the
command line, it doesn't work giving me... "Bad username or password. Please
try again."

  I've also tried putting the following line to my config.php file but to no
avail...
  $ldapservers->SetValue($i,'server','base',array('my-domain', 'com'));

   Am I using the correct username?
  Are there any commands I can do to further check my ldap server is setup
correctly?
  Are there any log files I can look at?

  Thanks for all your help.