[CentOS] iTunes on CentOS?? [Solved]

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Apr 19 17:18:13 UTC 2010

> On 4/19/2010 11:31 AM, Craig White wrote:
> >
> > Specifically current iTunes (9.x.x and even previous 8.x.x versions) do
> > not have a problem finding/using my Linux based mt-daapd server but of
> > course this does not have anything to do with actually trying to run
> > iTunes software under wine or subscribing to podcasts with URL's hostile
> > to everything but iTunes.
>
> Are there subscription-friendly podcasts and software that don't involve
> itunes?  I'm more interested in knowing how this might work directly
> from an android phone (which I don't have yet), but anything that could
> replace the cycle of updating on itunes then having to sync an ipod to
> that specific device would be good to know.
----
of course, and just to verify, I used my android to go to
http://www.thisamericanlife.com and they have 2 podcast URL's - 1 for
itunes and one for everything else and it worked just fine (the other).

I think that people are starting to figure out that delivering Apple
proprietary content is good for Apple but not for the general public.

Craig

believed to be clean.