[CentOS] setting up 3 network cards

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 21:37:20 UTC 2010

On 4/22/2010 4:23 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am attempting to put 3 network cards in one box, running centos 64 5.4
>
> network cards are forcedeth (motherboard), e1000e and r8169.
>
> I have ifcfg-eth0, ifcfg-eth1 and ifcfg-eth2 all configured up.
> All looks fine.
>
> eth0 is my internal network (forcedeth)
> eth1 is Cable modem
> eth2 is T1 data
>
> Once I connect the three networks and try to ping something all I can
> ping is internal network machines.
> Cant ping anything on eth1 or eth2.
> the route -n looks fine. the correct IP listest on left points to the
> correct ethX on the right.
> the default route is using eth2 at the moment.
>
> Is there something "special" about setting up 3 network cards that may help?
> What  should I look into?

It should just be a matter of getting the IP's, routes and DNS
configuration right.  Start with something you can't ping, and use
traceroute to see how far you get or try to ping the next-hop router
towards it.  mii-tool will give you a quick check that the NICs have
link up.  ethtool will show more details.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com