[CentOS] NFS mount problem

onay ronald.santosa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 04:16:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM, sync <jiannma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,guys:
>
>    I am trying to connect to a NFS-filesystem on a CentOS 5.3 i386  guest
> system. The host system is CentOS 5.4 x86_64.
>  I set up the NFS server correctly and rpcinfo is also ok  inside the guest
> system show.
>
> The problem is, I can't connect to, or see the open port from the outside. I
> use the Host-Only  network setup with VirtualBox 3.1.0,
> the ip address in the guest system is 192.168.56.101 . and the host system
> ip address is 192.168.7.67
>
> When I mount the directory from the guest system via NFS, the result is the
> following :
> "mount : 192.168.56.101:/xx  failed , reason given by server:Permission
> denied"
>
>  I hope one of you can give me a hint in which direction I should continue
> my efforts.
>
> Thanks in advance,,,

If you already can ping the nfs server, then you should check this:
1. nfsd service
2. open port on iptables
3. /etc/host.allow or /etc/host.deny

You can check share folder from nfs client with command:
showmount -e ip.nfs.server
If the folder appears, then you can start to mount that otherwise you
should check your /etc/exports again.

CMIIW.

--
If knowledge belong to the world,