[CentOS] how to reroute all ADSL traffic via another server on the internet?

Simon Billis simon at houxou.com
Wed Apr 28 13:26:44 UTC 2010

Rudi Ahlers sent a missive on 2010-04-28:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know, if it's possible to reroute all (i.e. HTTP / FTP /
> DNS / SMTP / POP3 / IMAP / etc) from an ADSL connected machine via
> another server, which is currently hosted with IS and has full
> internet access?
>

> i.e. Can I setup another machine, on a different public IP than the
> dynamic ADSL IP as default gw? OR do I need todo something on that
> machine to work as a router for such a setup?
>
> Both servers in this case is CentOS linux, but I'm sure that won't
> make a big difference?

In principal yes you can do this type of thing. You'll have to enable
ipforwarding on the gateway machine as a minimum.

Can you provide more information about your networking setup - ip addresses
and subnet masks, with an ascii drawing as well would help if you think it
relevant :-), then we can provide detailed answers :-)

Thanks

Simon.