[CentOS] how to reroute all ADSL traffic via another server on theinternet?

Dan Irwin dan at jackies.com.au
Thu Apr 29 00:54:24 UTC 2010

You could use GRE tunnelling, which is supported by Linux and Cisco
among others.

You could set up a GRE tunnel between your two sites, assign a /30 for
the link, and route most traffic over the GRE interface (Minus the IP
Address of your remote site - it must be routed via your internet
connection).

This will behave as a point-to-point link between your sites.

Check out the ip(8) command, in particular the ip tunnel commands.

But, something like this should be a nice start:

 ip tunnel add Tunnel0 mode GRE remote 1.2.3.4

 ifconfig Tunnel0 10.10.10.1 netmask 255.255.255.252

 ip route add 1.2.3.4/32 via 6.7.8.9

Cheers,

Dan