[CentOS] everything seems to hang, but system is idle? [SOLVED]

Mon Apr 12 14:25:30 UTC 2010
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 15:48 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> Yes, I think it could be a problematic iscsi config. Now that I think
>> of it, the server wasn't rebooted in about 2 or 3 months and I did
>> some iscsi testing a while ago, but with a recent power outage it
>> could have enabled / a faulty configuration, I just rebooted the
>> server again, managed to the remove iscsi this time, and will see if
>> this solves the problem.
> ---
>
> Well along with that I would do a file system check.  Then if it keeps
> on stop just the nmbd service and not smbd for cifs sharing.
>
> John

So far everything seems to be fine, apart from my Cobbler problem (see
other thread). rsync has been running very well for the past few hours
(have been deleting & restoring a lot of stuff to check ) so it was
probably the improper iscsi mount that was giving issues.

Thanx for all the help  :)

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers