[CentOS] Help with NFSV4 server

Wed Apr 21 05:49:23 UTC 2010
Clint Dilks <clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz>

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to setup an NFS v4 File Server but have come across
an odd issue.  Mounting the /nfs4exports/share appears to be successful
and the information displayed about partition size and free space seem
correct but if I try to do anything inside the mounted directory the
client will just hang.  Does anyone have any idea what I am missing??  I
have try disabling all firewalls and selinux  but it doesn't seem to
make any difference

I have taken a look at
http://www.brennan.id.au/19-Network_File_System.html#nfs
<http://www.brennan.id.au/19-Network_File_System.html#nfs4>4
<http://www.brennan.id.au/19-Network_File_System.html#nfs4> and
http://blog.laimbock.com/2009/05/21/nfsv4-on-centos-53-and-fedora-11/
and still can't see what i'm doing wrong

{The Server}

CentOS 5.4  64 Bit

[root at inf1 /]# cat /etc/exports
/nfs4exports
*.scms.waikato.ac.nz(rw,insecure,sync,wdelay,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,fsid=0,nohide)
/nfs4exports/share
*.scms.waikato.ac.nz(rw,insecure,sync,wdelay,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,nohide)

[root at inf1 /]# cat /etc/sysconfig/nfs
#
# Define which protocol versions mountd
# will advertise. The values are "no" or "yes"
# with yes being the default
#MOUNTD_NFS_V1="no"
MOUNTD_NFS_V2="no"
MOUNTD_NFS_V3="no"
#
#
# Path to remote quota server. See rquotad(8)
#RQUOTAD="/usr/sbin/rpc.rquotad"
# Port rquotad should listen on.
#RQUOTAD_PORT=875
# Optinal options passed to rquotad
#RPCRQUOTADOPTS=""
#
# Optional arguments passed to in-kernel lockd
#LOCKDARG=
# TCP port rpc.lockd should listen on.
#LOCKD_TCPPORT=32803
# UDP port rpc.lockd should listen on.
#LOCKD_UDPPORT=32769
#
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.nfsd. See rpc.nfsd(8)
# Turn off v2 and v3 protocol support
#RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2 -N 3"
# Turn off v4 protocol support
#RPCNFSDARGS="-N 4"
# Number of nfs server processes to be started.
# The default is 8.
#RPCNFSDCOUNT=8
# Stop the nfsd module from being pre-loaded
#NFSD_MODULE="noload"
#
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.mountd. See rpc.mountd(8)
#RPCMOUNTDOPTS=""
# Port rpc.mountd should listen on.
#MOUNTD_PORT=892
#
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.statd. See rpc.statd(8)
#STATDARG=""
# Port rpc.statd should listen on.
#STATD_PORT=662
# Outgoing port statd should used. The default is port
# is random
#STATD_OUTGOING_PORT=2020
# Specify callout program
#STATD_HA_CALLOUT="/usr/local/bin/foo"
#
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.idmapd. See rpc.idmapd(8)
#RPCIDMAPDARGS=""
#
# Set to turn on Secure NFS mounts.
#SECURE_NFS="yes"
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.gssd. See rpc.gssd(8)
#RPCGSSDARGS="-vvv"
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.svcgssd. See rpc.svcgssd(8)
#RPCSVCGSSDARGS="-vvv"
# Don't load security modules in to the kernel
#SECURE_NFS_MODS="noload"
#
# Don't load sunrpc module.
#RPCMTAB="noload"
#

[root at inf1 /]# cat /etc/idmapd.conf
[General]

Verbosity = 9
Pipefs-Directory = /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs
Domain = scms.waikato.ac.nz

[Mapping]

Nobody-User = nfsnobody
Nobody-Group = nfsnobody

[Translation]
Method = nsswitch

[root at inf1 /]# mount -l | grep bind
/export on /nfs4exports/share type none (rw,bind)

And an ls of /nfs4exports/share on NFS Server works

from /etc/fstab
/export  /nfs4exports/share    none    bind    0 0

{The Client}

[root at silver ~]# cat /etc/idmapd.conf
[General]

Verbosity = 0
Pipefs-Directory = /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs
Domain = scms.waikato.ac.nz

[Mapping]

Nobody-User = nfsnobody
Nobody-Group = nfsnobody

[Translation]
Method = nsswitch

 From /etc/fstab
inf1:/ /test nfs4
auto,rw,nodev,sync,_netdev,proto=tcp,retry=10,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,intr
0 0