[CentOS] DNSSEC

Fri Apr 30 17:06:59 UTC 2010

Well, folks,

   There's an article on slashdot,
<http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=10/04/30/1258234>

Excerpt:
...the coming milestone of May 5, at 17:00 UTC — at this time DNSSEC will
be rolled out across all 13 root servers. Some Internet users, especially
those inside corporations and behind smaller ISPs, may experience
intermittent problems. The reason is that some older networking equipment
is pre-configured to block any reply to a DNS request that exceeds 512
bytes in size. DNSSEC replies are typically four times as large.
--- end excerpt ---

I followed the link from the story to
<https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/replysizetest>, a coordinating
organization, and tried their test (as root):
 dig +short rs.dns-oarc.net txt

And see that where I work, we're not ready. Is anyone following this,
and/or have a HOWTO on enabling it for CentOS?

         mark (need to check this at home, too)