[CentOS] Release 6?

Thu Apr 1 11:16:51 UTC 2010
Mogens Kjaer <mk at crc.dk>

On 03/31/2010 11:43 PM, Milos Blazevic wrote:
> Current RHEL life cycle is in fact 7 years.
> Interesting, I remember hearing just the opposite - that they're about
> to reduce the life cycle from 7 to 5 years, since allegedly no one uses
> the same EL major release for more than 5 years. I mean, can you imagine
> anyone who used RHEL 2.1 up until less than a year ago?

So, if I set up a server with RHEL 5.5 or CentOS 5.4 today,
I would only get updates until 14-Mar-2012, if the life
time is reduced to 5 years?

That's less than two years.

That's a bit too short lifetime for my servers.

Yes of course, I can upgrade to RHEL 6 when it comes out,
but my reason for paying Red Hat is to avoid the upgrade.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk