[CentOS] System and Server Status help ?

Thu Apr 1 13:40:45 UTC 2010
John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

From: Roland RoLaNd <r_o_l_a_n_d at hotmail.com>
> i can't count the times that webmin came to my rescue.
> whenever i face a dead end in doing something through CLI i always
> turn to webmin..
> though at the moment i wanna learn how to do things through
> cli instead of relying on webmin as i said..
> especially "System and Server Status"
> theres a module that supports such a thing where i can set monitors
> that checks specific services or directories or... and reports the
> output..
> so i wanna do this through command line.. any help ?
> i've checked crontab -l and it doesnt list anything that i've set in webmin
> so where is it and how to do it through cli ?

I suspect Webmin runs as a daemon and does its own scheduling.
Webmin "Tip of the Day" from the website:
"To see what commands Webmin runs for each action you take, use the Webmin Actions Log module."
Maybe you will see something...
But I am afraid you won't learn much; typing check_apache or clicking check_apache is not much different...
Unless you open the scripts (Perl I think) and you study them...

JD