[CentOS] compiling FahMON for Centos? [SOLVED]

Tue Apr 6 13:47:25 UTC 2010
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Steve Huff wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2010, at 9:50 PM, fred smith wrote:
>
>> I had some detritus from a failed installatin of wxgtk hanging around
>> in /usr/local that confused heck out of fahmon's configure script.
>> removed it, removed the fahmon sources and re-extracted the .tbz2 file,
>> ran configure, ran make, and voila!
>
> as a side note: as a response to this thread, i have packaged FahMon in a RPM and submitted it to RPMforge.  if you have a moment, please test out my unofficial builds, available here:
>
> http://orannis.hmdc.harvard.edu/rpmforge/fahmon/
>
> and let me know if there are any issues with them.  also, please don't publicize this URL :)

I build the package today and everything looks good. There is only one
concern with this build, it includes some wx-library and it does not
provide/require it (on purposes). In itself this will work, but it's not
good practice.

We can fix this in the future if we get a conflict.

The package is available from RPMforge tomorrow.

Thanks Steve !