[CentOS] ssh-agent

Tue Apr 6 19:16:46 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/6/2010 2:04 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Sorry, you missed the subject of that sentence - I meant, why does it not
> stop the one I explicitly started? Are you saying that ssh-agent, with no
> commands, implicitly backgrounds itself?

Yes, someone pointed out that the manual says exactly that a few times
already.

> And, for the bigger picture, why should it? If I'm logging off, there's no
> reason for it to keep running. Any sessions that required it are either
> established, or shut down.

That's one of the things it can do.  If you don't like it, use some
other option.  I assume it can feed cron jobs and the like when you
aren't logged in if you want - but I've always just made keys with no
passphrase when I know the commands will be automated.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com