[CentOS] NAT/DHCP/DNS/etc Settings from a Windows 2003 Server

Fri Apr 9 19:33:25 UTC 2010
David M Lemcoe Jr. <forum at lemcoe.com>

On 4/9/2010 10:29, kalinix wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 23:50 +0100, Joao Rodrigues wrote:
>> Please verify the network cable from centos or switch port(broken or
>> vlan).
>>
>> João Rodrigues
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Gary Greene
>> <ggreene at minervanetworks.com <mailto:ggreene at minervanetworks.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 4/8/10 1:26 PM, "David Lemcoe" <forum at lemcoe.com
>>     <mailto:forum at lemcoe.com>> wrote:
>>     > Checked the firewall, and set the static IP.
>>     >
>>     > Anyone have an idea what the limitations put forth by 2003
>>     would be?
>>

>>     First, please stop top posting. This list has rules about that....
>>
>>     Second, can you ping _from the managed switch handling the NAT_
>>     to the
>>     CentOS box? Additionally, is it only DNS resolution that has an
>>     issue? (Try
>>     testing this by attempting to ping 4.2.2.2 or another well known
>>     server via
>>     IP only...).
>>
>>     --
>>     Gary L. Greene, Jr.
>>     IT Operations
>>     Minerva Networks, Inc.
>>     Cell:  (650) 704-6633
>>     Phone: (408) 240-1239

> He just said 'please stop top posting' in the post you replied. :)
>

> Calin
>
> Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857

I apologize for the top posting, I forgot what client I was in!

The wires are, in fact, plugged in, as I am using a VMWare Workstation
VMNet.

Some interesting things happened when I turned on all the VMs today.

The CentOS box now has internet, which is better than what it did have.
Now, the only problem is, the Windows DHCP server does not show the IP
address the CentOS box is reflecting in its leases window. I find this
very odd, because not only is the IP address being assigned (albeit
static), but it now has its packets being routed. Of course, with the
2003 server not showing it as a client, I cannot forward ports, etc.

For the record, I am refreshing the DHCP server leases, and only the two
Windows clients are being shown.

I appreciate all the responses, and will make sure not to top post anymore.

David