[CentOS] Installing a .ko file?

Mon Apr 12 15:35:42 UTC 2010
Slack-Moehrle <mailinglists at mailnewsrss.com>

Hi Benjamin,

>> I am trying to add a 3Ware 9500S-8 RAID controller to a CentOS 5.4 box.
>>
>> I have the drivers from 3Ware and they seem to be a .ko file (which I presume is like a .kext on OSX)

>Have you tried it without installing the vendor driver? That board
>should be old enough to be supported natively. I use 9550SX boards
>without any problems.

Can you tell me the process you take? I dont see drives available, I believe they are being exported to the OS though. I took my 8x1.5tb drives, went into the card setup and set each one as a single drive and when the machine boots, the card says they are exported.

What can I try to ensure that CentOS is seeing them?

-Jason