[CentOS] DRBD,GFS2 and GNBD without all clustered cman stuff

Wed Apr 14 17:55:15 UTC 2010
Raffaele Camarda <raffaele.camarda at gmail.com>

Thanks Juergen for your response. I did not post till now because i've been
fighting with all cluster stuff ! :D

I mean GFS2. DRBD, mysql and heartbeat work fine in an active/passive
configuration.

What really does not fit to my needs is the cluster stuff which i have to
use only to be able to mount the GFS2 FS.

I really do not get why i cannot be left free to choose my configuration. So
to mount a GFS2 FS i had to install the cluster groups, ok i did surrended
to this.

Now when i switch from one to another mysql server it doesn't start the
service because of fencing! Ok i do not need fencing, but ok, i tought
because it needs it i will set up a xen fence, no i can't beacause the dom0
have to be cluster members and i do not need aand want cluster stuff for
dom0...

So i'm escalating problems because i cannot mount a GFS2 FS without all the
cluster stuff. I will need to modifice sbin and to write script by myself to
use fence_ack_manual, ok it is not suggested but i'm assuming the risk for
that.

So if someone have been able to set up a GFS2 mount without Cluster stuff
(cman) i will be happy to listen to!

For now i can tell great DRBD and GFS2: two great peace of software.

Cheers
Raffaele

Hi,